SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery (CRICOS Course Code : 093032M)
|Qualification Name||SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery (CRICOS Course Code : 093032M)|
|AQF Level||AQF Level 4|
|Fees||Tuition Fee: $12,000.00 AUD
Enrolment Fee: $200.00 AUD
Material Fee: $1000.00 AUD
Other Fees: Please refer to the International Fees Schedule
About the course
The purpose of this course is to develop a wide range of cookery skills in individuals that are intending to become commercial cooks.
Employment outcomes resulting from the completion of this course may include the following roles
- Chef de Partie
International students must satisfy the following conditions:
- An overall IELTS band 5.5 (with no individual band below 5.0) or equivalent.
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
This course will be delivered over 75 weeks which comprises of 63 study weeks and 12 weeks of holiday.
|Sydney Campus||Suite 701, Level 7 541 Kent Street SYDNEY NSW 2000||Mon – Fri
9:00 – 17.30
|Parramatta Campus||Level 5, Suite 2/460 Church St, Parramatta, NSW 2150||Mon – Fri
9:00 – 17:30
|Melbourne Campus||Level 6, 341 Queen Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000||Mon – Fri
9:00 – 17:30
|Gold Coast Campus||G104/G105 Australia Fair, Southport, QLD 4215||Mon – Thu
9:00 – 17:30
Delivery mode and Assessment
The course is delivered over 20 hours per week. The course includes two 7 hour days per week for practical training in a commercial kitchen and theory training room and 6 hours of online/distance course work.
All Choice Business College cookery programs have a requirement that students must gain work experience in the hospitality industry. All students are expected to accrue up to 240 hours / 8 weeks of practical placement experience.
Students will need to complete 48 complete food service periods in a workplace environment for the unit SITHCCC020 Work effectively as a cook. In addition, students are also required to complete 12 food service shifts for the unit SITHKOP005 Coordinate cooking operations, these shifts can be done within the 48 complete food service shifts. Students are required to prepare dishes for customers within the typical time constraints of a busy commercial kitchen. Details of the shifts, the type of service and the tasks undertaken will be recorded within the student’s workplace log book.
Assessments may be conducted through a combination of written questions and answers, case studies, role-plays, and demonstrations.
An average of 10-15 hours of self-study per week is also required in this course.
Total number of units = 33
Students will need to complete the following units of competencies to attain the qualification.
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC006 Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC007 Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC008 Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
- SITHCCC012 Prepare poultry dishes
- SITHCCC013 Prepare seafood dishes
- SITHCCC014 Prepare meat dishes
- SITHCCC018 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHCCC019 Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITHCCC020 Work effectively as a cook
- SITHKOP002 Plan and cost basic menus
- SITHKOP004 Develop menus for special dietary requirements
- SITHKOP005 Coordinate cooking operations
- SITHPAT006 Produce desserts
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable items
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- SITHCCC003 Prepare and present sandwiches
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHKOP001 Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
Upon successful completion of SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery the student may pursue SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management.
Recognition of Prior Learning
We offer everyone the opportunity to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) at enrolment. Students may be granted credit or partial credit in recognition of skills and knowledge gained through work experience, life experience and/or prior training.
|10 Jan||11 Apr|
|11 Jul||10 Oct|
|09 Jan||10 Apr|
|10 Jul||09 Oct|
|08 Jan||08 Apr|
|08 Jul||07 Oct|
|06 Jan||07 Apr|
|07 Jul||06 Oct|
Unique Student Identifier (USI)