SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery (CRICOS Course Code : 093032M) and SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management [Cookery] (CRICOS Course Code : 094319K) – Package
|Qualification Name||SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery (CRICOS Course Code : 093032M) and SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management [Cookery] (CRICOS Course Code : 094319K) – Package|
|AQF Level||AQF Level 4 and AQF Level 5|
|Fees||Tuition Fee: $15000.00 AUD
Enrolment Fee: $200.00 AUD
Material Fee: $1000.00 AUD
Other Fees: Please refer to the International Fees Schedule
About the course
SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems. This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops, or to run a small business in these sectors.
SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management
The purpose of this course is to prepare individuals with sound knowledge of industry operations and a broad range of managerial skills to coordinate hospitality operations. It provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sectors such as restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
At present CBC only offers this course with Cookery specialisation. The course is offered as a package with SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery or as an upgrade to those who have already completed SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery.
Students must complete 6 core units and all elective units as part of SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery.
Employment outcomes resulting from the completion of this course may include the following roles
- Sous Chef
- Chef de Cuisine
- An overall IELTS band 5.5 (with no individual band below 5.0) or equivalent
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
- Completion of SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
This course is delivered for 23–26 weeks, which comprises of 19 study weeks and 4 weeks holiday (7 weeks holiday if over Christmas period).
|Sydney Campus||Suite 701, Level 7 541 Kent Street SYDNEY NSW 2000||Mon – Fri
9:00 – 17.30
|Parramatta Campus||Level 5, Suite 2/460 Church St, Parramatta, NSW 2150||Mon – Fri
9:00 – 17:30
|Melbourne Campus||Level 6, 341 Queen Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000||Mon – Fri
9:00 – 17:30
|Gold Coast Campus||G104/G105 Australia Fair, Southport, QLD 4215||Mon – Thu
9:00 – 17:30
Delivery mode and Assessment
The course is delivered over 20 hours per week. It consists of two 7-hour days face to face training and 6 hours of online/distance course work.
Assessments may be conducted through a combination of written questions and answers, case studies, role-plays, and demonstrations.
An average of 10-15 hours of self-study per week is required in this course.
Students who complete SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery (CRICOS Course Code: 093032M) with Choice Business College will receive 21 unit credited towards the SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management (CRICOS Course Code: 094319K). After that they will be required to complete the 7 remaining unit of competencies to obtain the SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management (CRICOS Course Code: 094319K).
Students who complete the SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery with another register provider will receive unit credited towards the SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management (CRICOS Course Code: 094319K). Each student will be reviewed and a individual plan will be offered to the student prior to the acceptable of the enrolment.
Total number of units = 28
(21 units are to be completed as part of SIT40516-Certificate IV in commercial cookery)
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- SITXHRM002 Roster Staff
- SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC006 Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC007 Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC008 Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
- SITHCCC012 Prepare poultry dishes
- SITHCCC013 Prepare seafood dishes
- SITHCCC014 Prepare meat dishes
- SITHCCC018 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHCCC019 Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITHCCC020 Work effectively as a cook
- SITHKOP004 Develop menus for special dietary requirements
- SITHKOP005 Coordinate cooking operations
- SITHPAT006 Produce desserts
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
Upon successful completion of SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management, the student may pursue SIT60316 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management.
Recognition of Prior Learning
We offer everyone the opportunity to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) at enrolment. Students may be granted credit or partial credit in recognition of skills and knowledge gained through work experience, life experience and/or prior training.
|10 Jan||11 Apr|
|11 Jul||10 Oct|
|09 Jan||10 Apr|
|10 Jul||09 Oct|
|08 Jan||08 Apr|
|08 Jul||07 Oct|
|06 Jan||07 Apr|
|07 Jul||06 Oct|
Unique Student Identifier (USI)